The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) is mandated to support the RC and UN Country Team to ensure effective coordination and liaison for effective delivery of results of One UN Programme undertaken by the respective UN agencies. Enhancing the prospects for joint collaboration and “Delivering as One UN” requires a correspondingly strengthened coordination support capacity for the role of RC.
The Coordination Officer will support the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) in reporting and tracking of progress, and related coordination support.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in reporting and coordination.
- Masters degree in Development Studies/Communications/Journalism or relevant social sciences or equivalent.
- Prior UN and Delivering as One experience and understanding of UN reform process, procedures and instruments desirable.
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills to effectively cooperate with different individuals at varying professional levels.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English. Expertise in written communication is critical.
- Ability to react fast, take own initiatives, meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with data and software.