UN Women has been working across provinces on prevention, response and redressal of violence against women and girls in collaboration with government and CSOs and alliances. EVAW/G alliances as a network of CSOs and individuals play a pivotal role as a coordinating platform on ending violence against women and girls, particularly, in relation to provincial, national and international commitments on gender equality and women’s empowerment. In this regard, UN Women is seeking services of a consultant in developing strategic plans for EVAW/G alliances across provinces in the light of strategic priorities of respective provincial governments and UN Women for ending violence against women. The strategic plan will enable CSOs and individuals who are part of EVAW/G Alliances to envision, plan, engage, monitor, debate and exchange information frequently through a formal mechanism. This will also enable to develop a comprehensive, realistic, useful and results oriented frameworks to end violence against women in compliance to standards described in national and international frameworks.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with respective designated Officers at UN Women’s Provincial Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta, and under the overall guidance and supervision of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW-UN Women Country Office).
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies, Human Rights, Law or any other related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience of undertaking similar assignments.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Computer skills comprising knowledge of windows, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.