Applications are invited for Full-time Associate Professor in Veterinary Cardiology job position at The Sydney School of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Australia.
Opportunity to provide strategic advice and operational support to the School of Veterinary Science. The job position encompasses teaching and research (50%) and clinical service (50%). The role contributes to the development, teaching and assessment of the small animal medicine curriculum for the DVM and postgraduate training in the Sydney School of Veterinary Science, with supervision of students and junior staff integral to the role. Supervision of ECVIM accredited residency programs is required. An active program of clinical or fundamental research programs focused on veterinary cardiology is required.
Pivotal to the role is provision of specialist level services in small animal internal medicine and registration with the Australian Veterinary Boards Council as a specialist in veterinary cardiology will be required. Close teamwork with another specialist veterinary cardiologist will be an important part of provision of an excellent veterinary cardiology service.
The successful job applicant will receive the following benefits:
- Full-Time, Continuing Academic – Level C or D
- Base annual salary of AUD 127,585 – $169,240
- Leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
- Visa sponsorship is available
To be eligible for job position, an applicant must:
- Diplomate ECVIM, Diplomate ACVIM permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Veterinary Cardiologist
- Experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and providing clinical instructions
- Preparedness to actively contribute to the management principles including financial responsibility of the cardiology service within UVTHS
- Evidence of an active research profile in Veterinary Cardiology
- Postgraduate Research qualification in the area of Veterinary Cardiology
Intending Associate Professor in Veterinary Cardiology applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from Professor Mark Krockenberger, Sydney School of Veterinary Science on +61 2 9351 2023 or firstname.lastname@example.org