Applications are invited for Full time 04 Associate Professor in Social Work job positions at Nord University, Norway.
Would you like to be involved in further developing an exciting social science research and teaching environment? The Faculty of Social Sciences is currently recruiting four professional and engaged applicants for the position of Associate Professors in social work.
In connection with an emerging generational shift in the scientific staff, the faculty is seeking applicants who are interested in helping the development of research and education in the field of social work.
Successful applicants will be affiliated with the faculty’s section for Welfare and Social Relations. Affiliation with other faculty sections may be considered if it corresponds appropriately with the research interests of the successful candidate. Both positions include teaching and supervision duties at the faculty’s social worker education programs, including:
- Bachelor of Child protection
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Master of Social Science with specialization in social work
Qualified Associate Professors can apply for full Professor qualifications after they have begun their position.
The successful applicants for job position of Associate Professor in Social Work will get the following benefits:
- Remuneration according to government regulations, position code 1011 associate professor
- Salary by agreement
- Advantages within the the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund for borrowing, insurance and pension
- Creative and collegial working environment
- A workplace with steady progressive development
- Flexible working hours
- Active university sports team
To be eligible for the position of Associate Professor in Social Work, an applicant must have:
- a minimum of a PhD degree
- extensive research production and teaching experience within the field, and preferably social science education at Bachelor’s and / or Master’s level
- education and research experience from adjacent subjects such as Psychology, Pedagogy, Political Science, Sociology and Anthropology
- able to teach in Norwegian/Scandinavian language within two years of appointment to the position
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- A letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- A complete list of publications
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references