The Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark, invites applications for one or more vacant tenure-track assistant professorships within the area of Finance to be filled as soon as possible.
Applicants for tenure-track assistant professor positions at SDU must be scholars with an internationally competitive research profile, whose potential is at the forefront of their discipline.
The department has a strong tradition for high-quality research and teaching within the various areas of business economics and economics. The research and teaching activities at the department are organized within four groups: Accounting; Finance; Microeconomics, and Econometrics and Economic History.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the teaching of courses in Finance and related areas and supervision of students at both the BSc and MSc levels. Furthermore, the applicant will be tasked with a range of obligations at the department, including:
- Conduct and publish research at a high international level in areas of relevance
- Perform research-related tasks such as taking active part in developing the research collectively by e.g. joining common research projects, seeking external funding, and engaging in knowledge exchange activities with the surrounding society
- Participate in relevant administrative tasks
The transition from assistant professor to associate professor
Within the 6th year of employment, the tenure-track assistant professor is expected to transition into an associate professor position, following a positive assessment conducted by a formally approved assessment committee, consisting of a chairman appointed by the University of Southern Denmark and two external committee members (researchers with relevant qualifications) approved by the dean, the academic council and the tenure-track committee of the university.
Appointment to the position requires a PhD or equivalent and will be in accordance with the salary agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
For Tenure-track Assistant Professorships in Finance, applicants are required to submit:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- An elaborated research plan (max 3 pages) for the next 6 years that describes:
- the potential to advance the relevant research field
- relationships to the aim and goals of the relevant research group
- planned national and international collaborations to support the research plan
- the plans for obtaining external funding to support the research plan
- Certificates/Diplomas (Master and PhD degree)
- Complete list of publications, indicating which publications are most relevant for the position
- Up to 3 of the most relevant publications. Please upload a PDF for each publication. NOTE: If publications have been co-authored, co-author statements must be a part of this pdf. This example can serve as a template, but the statement is just for inspiration.
- Please attach the PhD dissertation as a publication, if such exist