Applications are invited for Fully Funded International Graduate School of Neuroscience -DAAD Scholarships at Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany.
The International Graduate School of Neuroscience (IGSN) at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum is currently accepting applications for scholarships in its three-year PhD programme starting in October 2021. Scholarship holders will receive a monthly stipend from the “Graduate School Scholarship Programme” (GSSP) of the DAAD.
Research projects specialise in the areas of molecular, developmental, systems, cognitive, clinical or computational neuroscience, and comprise intensive training in state-of-the-art methods, as well as supervision by internationally renowned neuroscientists. Research projects will be accompanied by high-level English-language tuition in the field of neuroscience. The 36-month programme will culminate with a PhD in Neuroscience.
Successful applicants will receive:
- a monthly scholarship of EUR 1,200
- a travel allowance based on your country of origin
- a combined health, accident and liability insurance
- a study and research allowance of EUR 460 per year
- a rent and/or family allowance if applicable
The scholarship is for up to three years, contingent upon the successful completion of each year.
The scholarship awardees will be selected in a multi-step process. On the basis of the documents sent with the application, the admission committee will review the applications and make a pre-selection of promising candidates.
These candidates will be asked to participate in a written subject test. The subject test will assess background knowledge in science and neuroscience. The university degree and field of qualification of the candidates will be considered when evaluating the results.
Based on the outcome of the test and the academic qualifications of the candidate the admission committee will invite candidates for interview and finally will make a decision for admission.
To be eligible for International Graduate School of Neuroscience -DAAD Scholarships, applicants must:
- Hold a Master’s, Diploma or equivalent degree in Neuroscience, Biology, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Psychology, or other related fields and should have completed an experimental thesis.
- Medical students must hold the equivalent of an MD.
- The degree should be obtained by August 2021, at the latest.
For International Graduate School of Neuroscience -DAAD Scholarships, applicants are required to submit:
- Online Application
- Completion of cover sheet and additional documents after successful Online Application
- Submission of two recommendation letters
- (After selection by the IGSN) Application to the GSSP-programme of the DAAD should follow