The Faculty of Science and its alumni association Science@Leuven are proud to announce the Science@Leuven Scholarships!
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
Successful scholarship applicants will receive the following benefits:
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year
- The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be
- The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage
- The amount awarded for living expenses can vary
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
To apply for Fully Funded Science@Leuven Scholarships, applicants must have:
- not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- can prove excellent study results during their former training,
- can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- are willing to act as ambassador for the programme
For Fully Funded Science@Leuven Scholarships, applicants are required to submit:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme that you are considering. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide (example)
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors
- a letter of motivation for the programme