The department of Accounting at the Amsterdam Business School invites applications for PhD positions in accounting, with a preferred focus on empirical or experimental research in financial accounting, managerial accounting, or auditing. We are looking for candidates with the ambition to work and succeed at the highest international academic level.
What are you going to do?
Fully Funded PhD Scholarship in Accounting is a full-time position for a period of four years, salary is in accordance with fixed salaries prescribed by the Collective Labour Dutch Agreements for Dutch Universities. The first year will consist of PhD-level coursework, after that the candidate will start working on his or her own research agenda under the supervision of the senior professors within the department. The fourth year of the PhD position typically involves a half- to full-year visit at another internationally renowned school. PhD candidates are expected to do a limited amount of teaching-related activities, including undergraduate tutorials and the supervision of MSc and/or BSc thesis projects.
Successful applicant will receive the following benefits:
- The gross monthly salary will range from €2,395 in the first year to €3,061 in the last year
- The employment contract will be for an initial period of 18 months, with an intermediate evaluation after 18 months with a possibility to extend it for 30 months (totaly 4 years)
- End-result should be a PhD thesis
- An educational plan will be drafted that includes attendance of courses and (international) conferences
To be eligible for Fully Funded PhD Scholarship in Accounting, applicant must:
- Have a Master (MSc) degree in accounting or a related field
- For students with a Master degree obtained from a non-Dutch university, we require a GMAT or GRE score of no more than five years old
- Proof of English proficiency through a TOEFL test or IELTS test, where the scores were obtained no more than two years before the application
For Fully Funded PhD Scholarship in Accounting, applicants are required to submit:
- A letter of motivation
- A description of the candidate’s primary research interests and ambitions
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A grade list for the most recently completed degree
- Recent test scores (GMAT/GRE, TOEFL/IELTS)