Applications are invited from candidates for University of Manitoba Fellowship in the following subjects;
- Health and related social sciences
- Information technology
- Information management
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects
- Sustainable development
- University development and management
Tenable at University of Manitoba, Canada. The fellowship can be used for either a collaborative academic research visit, or a collaborative fact-finding visit.
The tenure of the fellowship must be for a period of less than six months, and travel must take place between 1 August 2018 and 31 July 2019.
Value of Fellowship
Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- International economy return airfare and other travel costs
- Medical insurance and visa fees
- Board and lodging fees
- Research costs
Fellowships are not intended for degree courses or postdocs.
The ACU cannot arrange fellows’ attachments, travel or accommodation, nor can it work out itineraries for them. Applicants should be aware that ACU Fellowships allow for small scale conference or course attendance within a wider programme, but applications where the primary or sole purpose is attendance of a conference or course will not be considered.
- Candidates must be professional or academic staff of, or a nominee of, an ACU member university in a country other than Canada (external nominees should be working in industry, commerce or public service in a Commonwealth country)
- Fellows are required to submit a 1000-2500 word report within three months of the Fellowship ending
- Candidates must submit a proposal for their fellowship and provide proof of support for their fellowship from their host institution, as well as from their head of department at their home institution