The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country citizens, who are current PhD scholars/students studying in developing countries, to conduct their PhD research on any development topic in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow’s home country or country of residence. This is a wonderful opportunity for the most promising developing nation researchers to advance their doctoral work with the best international advisors and host institutions in their fields of study.
RSMFP was established in 1982 with $2.8 million in funding from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
All the applicants will receive the following benefits:
- RSMFP provides up to $25,000 (USD) for nationals from developing country to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country.
- The Scholarship covers a 6 to 10 month period
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- National of a World Bank member developing country
- Do not hold dual citizenship of a developed country
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date
- Enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
Applicants are required to submit the following documents with application:
- An agreement to the terms and conditions for an RSMFP fellowship listed on the Application Form’s Signature Page
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the host university research advisor
- A completed recommendation form submitted online by the PhD Thesis supervisor
www.scholarshipnjob.com (SNJ) is a web forum that aims at bringing Scholarships and Jobs available with the in to strengthen your skills by providing an opportunity to compete and become a future leader. These Scholarships and Jobs will help people’s efforts in developing networks, exchange cultural and scientific ideas and prepare themselves for the future. We will share any Scholarships, training, Fellowships, short courses, available, to follow your dream of studying in the world’s best institutions. We will keep you updated of any job positions within public sector and private sector thus providing a forum to explore working opportunities.