We are seeking next generation leaders with the passion to challenge themselves to join the Awaji Youth Federation as Fellows in this unique global community and take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The AYF program has been designed so that Fellows will be able to enhance their skills and abilities without being burdened financially while in Japan. As an Awaji Youth Federation Fellow, you will be employed by Pasona Group Inc. and enjoy the benefits and conditions, while fees and government taxes are processed by Pasona.
We do not offer standardised training courses. Instead we offer a learning platform that will be facilitated by experts who will guide participants towards a pre-agreed project goal and outcome. Fellows will work in small groups of 03-05 members to achieve the project outcome that has been planned and agreed upon. A specialist mentor will work with facilitators to respond to your inquiries, organise the program according to your interests and needs and plan a viable schedule for the duration of the program to accomplish your goal. Guest lecturers will be invited to share their expertise and knowledge with you.
As an AYF Fellow, you will spend the on-the-job training portion of your time assigned to work at one of Pasona Group’s facilities or other relevant facility based on your work experience and skill. Examples of some of the tasks you might undertake include overseas business development based upon regional revitalisation, overseas marketing, Japan inbound tourism plan development, advertisement, publicity, translation, interpreting and information provision services.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Gross salary: JPY 250,000
- Government fees and taxes: Approx. JPY 44,000/mo
- Net salary per month: Approx. JPY 70,000
- 05 days a week of working & learning
- 10 days of paid leave available six months into the program
- Individual room in either Japanese or Western style
- Utility costs such as electricity and Wi-Fi are included
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- English Language (Fluent both in speaking and writing) ability of TOEIC 800 or equivalent for non-native speakers
- Japanese language skill preferable
- Commitment to solving society’s problems and contributing to Pasona Group’s projects
- Open to staying on Awaji Island after the year at AYF and continuing to work on regional revitalization
- Core values of hard work, discipline and care for others
- Flexible, perseverance and resilience
- The ability and drive to translate ideas into concrete action