Applications are invited for Fully Funded Asia Foundation Development Fellows program taking place at Laos, Singapore and United States.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The year-long professional advancement program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, involving intensive learning modules – short courses, Conferences and study tours in Asia and the United States to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is not a full-time fellowship. Fellows will typically remain in their occupations throughout the fellowship year while participating in the program modules.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Costs for coursework and programming
- Airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals
- Visa fees
- Health and accident insurance
- Fellows also receive a Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000 for their own personalized professional development plan
To be eligible for fellowship, an applicant must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise i.e, Governance and Law, Economic Development, Women’s Empowerment, Environment, and Regional Cooperation
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields andwithin their larger community
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2020
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required)
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on specified dates, no exceptions
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor- Leste, and Vietnam
To apply for Asia Foundation Development Fellows, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Personal information
- Written submission/ short essays
- Supplementary materials: Curriculum Vitae and transcript
- Video submission
- (2) Letters of reference (managed online)