Applications are invited for Fully Funded ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program from a Professor, a Researcher or a Lecturer in a higher education institution of Asia or the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to do an exchange of 1 to 3 months with a colleague from Asia or from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation at Belgium.
A specific cooperation process between Asia and Europe in the field of education, more specifically higher education, has been set up in the context of the Asia-Europe Meeting. During this meeting, held in Kuala Lumpur in 2013, the Wallonia-Brussels Federation announced it would participate in the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program.
ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program provide an opportunity to Professor, a Researcher or a Lecturer in a higher education institution of Asia or the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to do an exchange of 1 to 3 months with a colleague from Asia or from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation at Belgium.
DUO/Wallonia-Brussels has been established at the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in order to promote “paired exchanges” between Professors from Wallonia-Brussels Higher Education Institutions and Asian institutes. Mobility must be carried out over a period of 1 to 3 months and by “pair”, i.e. a Professor/Researcher from an Wallonia-Brussels institution goes to an Asian partner institution and vice versa. However, applicants are not necessarily required to work in the same field of study.
The ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program aim at:
- Promoting balanced mobility of higher education Professors between the two regions
- Setting up regular exchange program between Higher Educations Institutions
- Reinforcing cooperation and dialogue across both regions
Professor/Researcher/Lecturer from the following Asian countries are eligible to apply:
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
Applicants will receive the following benefits:
- An amount of €5,000 per month will be awarded to the pair of Professors or a total amount of €15,000 for a three month exchange for the pair
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognised/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education
- The Asian institution must be located in one of the eligible countries
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must have signed a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years
- The applicants who already begun the exchange before the 1st August 2019 do not qualify for the grant
- According to the framework established by ASEM-DUO, the citizenship of the Professors is not a criterion for eligibility
- The fellowship program is open to all disciplines