The Faculty of Theology at the University of Oslo has a total of 68 staff and ca. 350 students. The faculty conducts research in the fields of biblical studies, church history, systematic theology, practical theology, diaconal and interreligious studies and offers programs for the theological education for clerical ministry as well as a number of other academic study programs within the field of religion.
The main purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. The successful applicant is expected to join the existing research milieu or network and contribute to its development.
Applicants must develop a project that is thematically relevant to one or more of the research groups at the Faculty: https://www.tf.uio.no/english/research/groups/.
Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of NOK 479.600-513.600, depending on qualifications in a position as PhD Research fellow, (position code 1017)
- Professional development in a stimulating academic environment
- Attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
To be eligible for PhD Fellowships, an applicant must have:
- Theology, or a corresponding type of degree or education. The degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Emphasis will also be placed on the following in the assessment of the applicants:
- The quality of the project description
- Academic and personal ability to complete the project within the given timeframe
- Ability to cooperate and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary cooperation
To apply for 03 PhD Fellowships, an applicant must submit following documents with application:
- Cover letter statement of motivation and research interests
- Project description, including progress plan and any plans for a stay abroad (max. 5 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- Proof of English proficiency
- A complete list of publications and academic works
- A list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)