Do you have a strong professional background and the ambition to actively contribute to the sustainable development in your home region? Apply for a fully funded scholarship to study in Sweden and boost your academic and professional skills.
The Visby Program offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programs starting in the autumn semester 2020. However, only programs related to a number of subject areas are prioritised. An estimated 60 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s degree studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2020. Usually around 6-8 % of the applicants are awarded a Visby Program scholarship. The number varies between countries and genders, although there are no quotas for any specific countries or genders.
The Visby Programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme and is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The programme aims at building capacity in professionals who have the ambition to play an active role in society and to contribute to a positive development in their home countries and region.
The program focuses on the individual mobility of academic talents to promote professional collaboration and lasting relations between Sweden and the program countries. The goal is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region where environmental and social sustainability, innovation and responsibility in management are key factors in achieving sustainable economic growth and regional development.
We are looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applicants regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs. The Visby Program Scholarships aims for diversity among the scholarship holders.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine
Successful scholarships applicants will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000/academic year
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
To be eligible for Visby Program Scholarships, an applicant must:
- be a citizen of, and currently living in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine
- Priority will be given to applicants with demonstrated leadership experience from civil society or public sector
- be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 3 April 2020
- Have demonstrated work experience
- The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give greatest priority to certain subject areas
For Visby Program Scholarships, applicants are required to submit:
- a completed motivation letter
- a Curriculum Vitae
- one or two valid and completed letter(s) of reference
- valid and completed proof of work (the leadership experience form is not compulsory)
- a copy of your valid passport