The primary aim of this position is to strengthen the Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research (CAIR), to be hosted by the Department of ICT. The vision of CAIR is to provide an attractive environment for cutting-edge research on artificial intelligence (AI), focusing particularly on machine learning.
The research centre conducts fundamental machine learning research, including development of novel theory and methods. The emphasis will be on machines that explore, experiment and learn; deep information understanding and reasoning; as well as natural language communication. Within these strategic research areas, CAIR researchers head or contribute to a number of research projects, funded by the Research Council of Norway and EU research programmes.
- The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.510, code 1013 Professor, NOK 640 200 – 934 800 gross salary per year, or code 1011 Associate Professor, NOK 552 800 – 691 400 gross salary per year
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of responsibilities in a large, exciting and influential organization
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- A position with opportunities for personal development in a diverse
- Environment modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Beneficial Membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Fund a public kindergarten located on the campus
To be eligible for Professor/Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD in Computer Science/Engineering (or similar in the area of ICT)
- Have proven ability to contribute to the development of external sources of funding in research groups
- All supervision and teaching at the master’s level is to be conducted in English, and the appointee must therefore be proficient in this language
- Document their competence in relevant educational theory and practice developed through education, teaching experience and supervision
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Diplomas and certificates
- Curriculum Vitae including also the complete list of scientific publications, research and teaching experience (if any)
- Doctoral thesis as pdf or link
- Selected scientific publications (no more than 10) that the applicant would like to be reviewed during the assessment process. This might be done as link to publications
- List of references
- Other relevant documentation
The applicants for Full-time Professor/Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence position are fully responsible for submitting complete documentation within the closing date. The application and all documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.