The Sir John Cass’s Foundation Distance Learning Scholarship supports young people living in London who wish to study our courses by distance learning.
The scholarship is available if you are unable to study without financial support. It covers all University of London tuition and examination fees, and includes guidance and careers support throughout the course.
Sir John Cass’s Foundation Distance Learning Scholarship holders receive additional support, including a custom-built careers programme from The Careers Group, University of London. This includes:
- An induction at the University of London, where you meet your Careers Consultant and the support you will receive.
- Three consultations throughout the year to develop your employability skills.
- Access to careers resources, including careers help-sheets and the JobOnline portal.
- Support from an alumni mentor with connections to your field of study or preferred employment area (second year onwards).
Scholarship recipients also receive a tour of our campus and an introduction to the University’s student community, facilities and services.
To be eligible for Sir John Cass’s Foundation Scholarship, applicants must be:
- permanently reside in one of the listed London boroughs* and have lived there for at least one year
- under 25 years old
- able to outline why without the scholarship you are unable to undertake one of our courses
- from a low income background and be able to outline why without the scholarship you are unable to undertake one of our courses
- studying part-time or full-time on a course that is at least one year in length
For Sir John Cass’s Foundation Scholarship, applicants are required to:
- Download and complete the application form [Word, 18KB]
- Submit an application for your chosen degree via its course page.
- Upload your completed scholarship form under ‘Scholarship Form’.
- Pay an online application fee, where applicable.
Only completed applications will be considered. We will refund the application fee when we consider your scholarship application.
If you wish to apply for the scholarship but are unable to pay the application fee, please contact us.